- Flange size does matter for pumping comfort and efficiency.
- Follow the selection guideline of this listing to pick your flange size or chat with us for help.
- This comes in 1 piece per per packet. For a pair, please order 2 quantities
- Sizes available 15mm to 32mm
What is it?
- Maymom Wide-neck flange is the breast shield that connects to the compatible breast pump and pumping into wide-neck milk bottles.
Compatible with which breast pumps?
- Compatible with all Spectra pumps (S1/S2/M/9+) and older Spectra breast pumps (Dew 350, 360)
- Compatible with all Medela pumps EXCEPT Sonata, Swing Maxi, Freestyle, Harmony and Freestyle Flex
- Spectra, Cimilre, Youha, Autumnz, Bebebao and many more pumps. Please check with us on the pump compatibility.
Can be used with kind of milk bottle?
- Only compatible with all wide-neck bottles e.g. Spectra Bottles, Philip Avent (wide-neck bottles). - Not compatible with narrow/standard-neck bottles. To connect to narrow/standard-neck bottles such as Medela, Bumble Bee, Jingle Jungle, Milk Planet or Autumnz, please use our Maymom thread changer.
Who is it for?
- For mummies with small nipples who cannot use Spectra, Medela, Cimilre, Youha, Autumnz, Bebebao's original flange
- For mummies who wants to use Medela pump with wide neck bottles (Philips Avent, Autumnz, Spectra etc)
What we like:
- No bottle adapter required to be used with wide neck bottle
- Can be used with Spectra backflow protector
- Compatible with Spectra duckbill/duck valve
- Compatible with Maymom valve and Maymom long stem backflow protector
- Smaller sizes available for mummy who has smaller sizes than the original breast shield that comes with the pump
What's included in each pack:
- One-piece flange
- 1 valve and 1 piece of white membrane
What is it made of?
- US FDA registered medical device (No. D192499) that complies with US FDA standards
- Made from BPA/DEHP-free material and all components are steam safe for sterilization. The flange is autoclaveable in a clinical setting and household use.
How to choose the right size of breastshields for you?
- Measure your nipple after a pumping session. Choose the inner diameter of the breastshield that is 1-2mm larger than the diameter of your nipple. You should be able to see free movement of your nipple during pumping and there should be little or no suction of the areola into the tunnel of the breastshield.
- However, if you measure your nipple before a pumping session, the estimated breast shield that suits you is = your measurement + 3 to 4mm, depends on the elasticity of your breast skin.
- If you are unsure, don't worry, we are here to help, feel free to chat or WhatsApp us at +6019-7027827.
How to measure the diameter of your nipple?
- Please download this < Nipple Ruler > to measure your size.
- Print it out on A4 100%, cut through the red line, fold along the green dots then you have made yourself a nipple diameter measuring tool.
- Click on this link to see the finished ruler.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: My nipple size is 15mm. Do you think will it be better to order bigger ie 21mm breastshield?
- A: If your breast shield is too big, the whole areola area will be pulled in during pumping which will hurt your areola area, causing pain and inefficient pumping.
- Q2: Can this fit Medela Symphony?
- A2: Yes, it can. Please note this does not fit Medela standard neck bottle. It is only compatible with Wide-neck bottles.
- Q3: Does this have the size written anywhere on the flange ?
- A3: The flange sizes are marked inside the nipple tunnel. Look into it and you will see the marking.
- 1 x Wide-neck breastshield (15,17,19,21,23,24,25,27,28, 30, 32 mm) with valve & membrane